- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. To get a new tattoo. I'm thinking something with a coffee design.
2. For Loretta to let me clip her nails. And maybe bathe her.
3. The time/motivation to go out and take photographs.
4. A winning lottery ticket.
5. A big hug.
6. MORE BLINKY ICONS THAT ARE FUN AND FUNNY AND MAKE YOU SAY LOL.
7. For these women who email the stores to learn what spell check is and not USE THE CAPS LOCK OF DOOM.
8. That Seth quits.
9. All my friends/family/loved ones are happy and healthy.
10. AND THAT PEOPLE GET OVER THE FREAKING LIGHTS IN WINTERHAVEN. *cough*
bonus: If you really feel you absolutely MUST spend money on me, my amazon wishlist is over in my links. :) :) :)