LocaKitty (locakitty) wrote,

  • Mood:
What a fantastic fun filled weekend. Where shall I start?

Firstly, Anne was unable to come in because of plane ticket snafus. This turns out to be a good thing. You see, Saturday was to be my day off. Then I learned of an even that the company was setting up a booth for. Our store was to provide the pies and 4th Ave was the backup in case it got insanely busy. No problem. I volunteered to run the first few "deliveries" to Reid Park so that the day driver could focus on making customer deliveries and getting her tips.

Maybe I should back up a bit. The day driver wound up injuring herself on Friday. She somehow managed to give herself whiplash and a concussion by hitting her head on her car while reaching in to get some pizzas. I did not think this was possible, but apparently it is. I don't doubt her for a moment in explaining her injury, it's just insane is all. Well, the doctor said, "Sorry, you can't work on Saturday. Maybe not on Monday either." I managed to talk the afternoon relief driver into coming in three hours early on Saturday. Not a problem. Yay, disaster averted, I'll still be out of the store by 1 or 2 in the afternoon and be able to just relax and wander about the town.

Knowing that we were going to be cranking out 12 pizzas before even beginning the day's work, I decided to go in a half hour early to get the money ready for the day and turn the ovens and warmer on. I found a mess of the paperwork and managed to fix most of it before 9:15 a.m. Thankfully, the closing supervisor for Saturday volunteered to come in and help out for an hour or so to get that first set of pizzas out to the park. Yay! Day is still going along smoothly. We managed to get the first set out by 10:15 a.m. Not too shabby.

I head back to the store and let them know to hold off on putting the next batch in since it's still pretty slow at the park. We get going on some prep and various other things to get the store going for the day. Not a problem. I neglected to let G know that A & D would call when they needed the next set of pies. Oops. Not too big of a deal. I got the next set out to them about 11:45 a.m. The relief driver was on time in the afternoon, but I still had to take one delivery since we promised the standard 45-60 minutes. No biggie, it's right around the corner. I take the delivery and come back. Oh, but I digress. You see, about 11:15 a.m. we got a phone call. From the dough guy. He can't come in because his girlfriend is sick and he has to watch the baby. Apparently, there is NO ONE ELSE IN THE CITY OF TUCSON who can watch his kid for him so he can go to work. Amazing, no? Fine. And that is when the day began to take a turn for the worst. I wound up taking one more run to the park and grabbing lunch for G and C at the store. We have lunch and are now going to start on making dough. I need to learn anyways, so might as well be today. On my day off. About 3:30 in the afternoon.

I managed to get out of the store about 9:15 p.m. last night.

At least the after work scene was much better. I got to spend a little time with Mr. Helm and the crew. I got wicked drunk, have no hangover and I finally got to buy some new work shoes. They are red and fabulous.

How was your weekend?

  • (no subject)

    SO MANY THINGS. Let's start with some of the things going through my mind while I listened to toasts at a recent wedding. Everyone kept saying…

  • In other news

    I managed to score a part time job with an insurance company. I can see the end of coffee. Nope. They moved the position to Phoenix. sigh. back…

  • breakdown, on using livejournal as free therapy

    Saturday night I had another crying breakdown. Like, full body heaving, tears flowing, snot, the whole shebang. I'm a really ugly cryer. It's true.…

  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for friends only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded