LocaKitty (locakitty) wrote,

Ear Woes

Last week was interesting. I started feeling weird on Monday. I attributed it to allergies since the wind was kicking up and things were all wonky with the weather. I grab some allergy pills to help with the runny nose issue (and hopefully to stop the sneezing, it was getting a little ridiculous). Of course, as it has to be, the allergy meds were making me sleepy (even though they were non-drowsy) so I left office job early to go grab a nap because I have to work pizza that night. There is no one to cover if I call out at pizza, so I have to be there. Work pizza that night, it was a ridiculous joke of a shift full of mishaps and dumbness. I leave, I go home, I pass out.

I wake up Tuesday. Ugh, not feeling it. I call out of office job and take more allergy meds and go back to bed. Get up in time to deliver again, at least it wasn't too busy, finish up, go home, pass out.

Wednesday. Double ugh. Maybe I'm getting the flu, I think to myself. My throat is now starting to hurt, my nose is running like crazy, and my eyes are twitchy. I call out of work, again, and manage to make it to pizza job. Thankfully, I'm not the closer on this night, so I get to leave before 8 p.m. My ear is starting to hurt at this point. WTF I think to myself. No matter, I get more eegee's and manage to eat something (I have had no appetite this entire time and have in fact been forcing myself to eat three times a day) and love the coldness of the eegee's drink. I go to bed. I wake up at 2 a.m. with ridiculous ear pain. I manage to find my insurance card and have decided I am going to the damn doctor.

Thursday 8 a.m. I am waiting at the Walgreen's Take-Care Clinic for the lady to open up and give me something to stab into my ear so that I can make it stop hurting. I have an ear infection. Fantastic. I'm allergic to penicillin, so I have to take the Z-pack. I am so thankful for the health insurance that I have because the whole visit (with prescriptions) was $50. HALLELUJAH! I take my antibiotics, put the numbing drops in my ear and go back to bed once I get home. parilous brought me some more eegee's that night. My throat was still so sore and I still had no appetite, but I had a headache from not eating and dammit the fever was making me all crazy. And I couldn't hear out of my right ear.

Friday, go to the office for a few hours because I had to get this one report done asap, takes me almost five hours to do it because I'm in a fever haze. My boss takes one look at me and decides it's best not to ask about the other report (which I found out about on Monday) because I look like death warmed over. When I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror in the bathroom at work I realized how scary I looked. My face was a little swollen, I was so pale I looked like a ghost, and my eyes were dull. *shudder*

Saturday I started to feel human again. I hung around my house and watched bad television and ordered food. It was nice to be human again.

I still can't hear out of my right ear, just the ringing. The numbing drops must have broken through something because the right side of my mouth is numb right now. It's weird drinking water and eating because of that. Thankfully, it's not the full on numbing you get from the dentist, just enough to be an annoyance.

Yay for ear infections!

  • (no subject)

    SO MANY THINGS. Let's start with some of the things going through my mind while I listened to toasts at a recent wedding. Everyone kept saying…

  • In other news

    I managed to score a part time job with an insurance company. I can see the end of coffee. Nope. They moved the position to Phoenix. sigh. back…

  • breakdown, on using livejournal as free therapy

    Saturday night I had another crying breakdown. Like, full body heaving, tears flowing, snot, the whole shebang. I'm a really ugly cryer. It's true.…

  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for friends only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded