1. When John F. Kennedy was shot (11/22/1963)
Not even a thought in my mother's mind, she was only 7 :)
2. When Mt. St. Helens blew (5/18/1980)
Probably eating play doh
3. When the space shuttle Challenger exploded (1/28/1986)
In the elementary school media center because we all wanted to watch the launch, this was 3rd grade. And we all saw it explode and just looked at the teachers like, "Umm..was that supposed to happen?"
4. When the 7.1 earthquake hit San Francisco (10/7/1989)
6. When the Gulf War began (1/16/1991)
7th grade, I remember talking about it on the bus, and then, that's it, boom, we're at war.
7. When OJ Simpson was chased in his White Bronco (6/17/1994)
Playing poker with my mom waiting for them to either shoot him or catch him.
8. When the building in Oklahoma City was bombed (4/19/1995)
No recollection, probably chilling at school
9. When Princess Di was killed (8/31/1997)
Drinking sex on the beach and going to watch "A Clockwork Orange", when the movie was over, we turned the news back on and they said that she was dead.
10. When Bush was first announced President (11/7/2000)
At work at B&N. The night of the election though, when Dan Rather went nuts, I was getting baked and this guy was saying we shouldn't stop smoking until Gore was announced president, good thing we didn't listen to him.
11. When the 6.8 earthquake hit Nisqually, WA (2/28/2001)
Not paying attention obviously.
12. When terrorists knocked over the World Trade Center (9/11/2001)
I, too, was asleep and my mom woke me up (I had stayed home from work that day) to tell me what happened, and I was like, "Okay, whatever." because I thought she was just being silly or it was a joke or something. And then I turned on the tv and there it was, all smoky and stuff. Not so groovy.